How many times have you heard "Hey, it's not much fun to drive, but at least it's great on gas" ?
When you're talking about conventional modes of transport like cars and trucks, it's fairly common to have a trade-off between fun and economy. Fortunately, we don't agree and believe a little bit of outside-the-box thinking can go a long way. Renting a scooter - on top of being a fun, zippy and spirited means of exploring the city - is the best way to get everyone to do their part in keeping the environment cleaner than they left it.
Our scooters are more fuel efficient than ANY hybrid car on the market.
Every scooter in the ScootersNYC fleet gets from 70 to 100+ Miles Per Gallon of gas. Compare that to:
- 30 to 50 MPGs used in hybrids
- 20 to 40 MPGs used in regular economy cars.
- 10 to 20 MPGs used in SUVs and small trucks
- 4-6 quarts of oil every 3 months for regular cars
- 4-6 quarts of oil every 3 weeks for NYC taxis
- 12-20 quarts of oil every 1.5 months for NYC buses
What would you do with 50 extra miles per gallon of gas and virtually no dependence on oil?
Our scooters are small and light.
- Lighter scooters mean less engine work in stop-and-go NYC traffic and highway cruising, which results in massive fuel savings across the board.
- A smaller scooter means that you don't have to take up 13 feet of parking space every time you want to enjoy your favorite restaurant or hangout, which in turn reduces congestion and parking problems for the community.
Each rental ensures a brighter tomorrow.
A portion of the proceeds from each rental goes to support Global Green USA and SOS Children's Villages, organizations that make it their mission to help keep the earth and its people healthy ,working towards a more secure and sustainable future.
Each scooter rented is at least two taxis, buses or trains taken out of commission.
The majority of our scooters carry two riders, and rarely do our customers ride alone. This eliminates a need for two taxis, buses, or trains to get to the same destinations. It also cuts down on the litter left by taxi/bus receipts and used MetroCards. Couple that with the exhilarating experience of riding a scooter through New York, and you have a no-brainer situation.
Our delivery trucks are the most efficient in the industry.
The ScootersNYC delivery truck fleet is comprised of the most fuel efficient and environmentally friendly vehicles possible. They use small, 4-cylinder engines that regularly acheive 30+ MPGs, abide by the strictest California smog and emissions standards, and are maintained to the highest standard of quality.
Renting a scooter saves you money (vs. renting a car).
- A mid-size rental car (at $450.00/week) will cost anywhere from $125 to $250 a week to park in a midtown Manhattan parking garage, with a $20-$40 per fuel fill-up. TotalCost: $595 to $740.
- Our mid-size Zuma 125 (regular price $415.00/week), with the ease of parking between cars and in commercial zones, will only cost between $35 and $70 to park, with a $5 fuel fill-up. Total Cost: $455 to $490.
- Rent for longer and you'll have hundreds in savings. We'll also mention that you get the scooter delivered to your door, including Roadside Assistance with every rental.
What would you do with an extra $100 to $200 in your pocket a week?
It's not a rental, it's an experience.
We care about our community because, after all, it's not simply a city full of people, it's brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, friends and acquaintances that all deserve the bright future we've envisioned and hope to accomplish. We believe that there's a scooterist in everyone, young or old and we invite you to share in the experience that has been so rewarding for countless others.